Login to multiple Skype accounts via shortcuts
You have more than one Skype account and need to be able to login to both accounts simultaneously.
- Navigate to the Skype folder. Usually something like: C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone
- Right click on Skype.exe > Click Create shortcut. If necessary save the shortcut to the Desktop
- Right click on the newly created shortcut > Click Rename and give the shortcut an appropriate name (e.g. Personal)
- Once again right click on the shortcut > Click Properties and enter the following into the Target field, changing USERNAME and PASSWORD for your Skype username and password:
"C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /secondary /nosplash /username=USERNAME /password=PASSWORD /legacylogin
***Note – Make sure this is pasted without any line breaks
/legacylogin is only necessary for Windows XP and Vista
- Change the Run field to Minimized
- Click Apply and then Click OK
- Repeat the process above for any other Skype accounts you have
- Finally, right click on each of the shortcuts created and Click Pin to Taskbar
- Your shortcuts should now be operational
Understanding the Target command
“C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe” /secondary
/nosplash /username=USERNAME /password=PASSWORD
The first part of the command is the full path to the Skype programme and must be surrounded with inverted commas.
The first command option is /secondary. This option allows you to open an additional instance of Skype.
The second command option is /nosplash. This option prevents Skype’s splash screen displaying on start-up.
The third command option is /username. This option allows you to set your username.
The forth command option is /password. This option allows you to set your password.
The fifth command option is /legacylogin. This option has become necessary since Skype 22.214.171.124 on Windows XP and Windows Vista
Worked perfect! Thanks Leon!
Is it possible to encrypt password? Because I think its security risk to enter plain password in target field
I’m also looking for a way to get secondary skype auto-login to work with a microsoft account instead of a skype ID. Did you find a solution?
Thanks for the method, but have you got the same command to connect with Microsoft account? Because with username command, program connect with skype ID.
How to login the third account?
/secondary is fine for tertiary or quaternary accounts. It basically just tells skype to ignore that fact that other skype windows are already open.
Good and nicely presented hint
/password is not supported by Skype any more and is ignored. You have to provide credentials manually.